Pray For Barack Obama

prayforbarackobama.blogspot.com is a non-denominational ministry dedicated to lifting up President Barack H. Obama, his family, his cabinet and staffs in Prayer as they serve the USA (and the world).

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Janet Porter, Are You A Christian For REAL?

A friend has just forwarded me an article by self-righteous Janet Porter. In her article "You cannot be a Christian and vote for Obama", this far-right conservative who proudly fights to "win a cultural war" in the US (according to her website), writes...wait for it...

"To all those who name the name of Christ who plan to willfully disobey Him by voting for Obama, take warning. Not only is our nation in grave danger, according to the Word of God, so are
you."

Well, I am a Christian who's praying for Obama's victory and I am proud of it . I'm pretty sure that's not a sin whatsoever! I also believe that your article is a first class mind control and brainwashing propaganda! It's kind of hilarious and sad at the same time. It just amazes me how some "Christians" love to manipulate the vulnerable into doing what they want them to by using fear and the distortion of the Scriptures (the Bible).

Ms Janet - call me God - Porter, I've got some news for you: God is NOT American, nor Conservative/Republican!


Below, is Sherri's email in response to Ms Janet - call me God - Porter surreal article. I think Sherri's response is spot on. I couldn't have written a better one:

Dear Janet,

I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus, but according to your article, I am going to hell. So, do you assume that God's grace can cover every sin committed by a Christian, such as gossip, greed, lying, pride, etc.--EXCEPT voting for the wrong person (at least "wrong" from your assessment)?

Jesus said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Weighing all the factors (including abortion but also the hundreds of Biblical references to caring for the poor), I may or may not be making a mistake in voting for Senator Obama. But I am NOT committing a willful sin, regardless of what your article says. And even if I were, I praise God for the fact that His grace is vastly bigger than my sin.

I am sorry that your beliefs about God put Him in such a small box that He can only save those who belong to the Republican Party.

_________________

Janet Porter is president of Faith2Action*: turning people of faith into people of action to WIN the cultural war TOGETHER for life, liberty and the family. Author of "The Criminalization of Christianity," she hosts a daily radio program from 2-3 p.m. Eastern and a daily radio commentary heard in 100 markets and at www.f2a.org.

No comments:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
FOR OLDER POSTS, CLICK ABOVE
-----------------------------------------------------------------
“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt, elected president in 1932.